With the exponential growth of world population, according to the UN Food and Agriculture Organization, the world will need to produce 70% more food in 2050, shrinking agricultural lands, and depletion of finite natural resources, the need to enhance farm yield has become critical.
IoT solutions are focused on helping farmers close the supply demand gap, by ensuring high yields, profitability, and protection of the environment.
The application of real-time locating systems (RTLS) in agriculture Internet of Things (IoT) applications has proven to be a powerful tool for farmers, providing them with additional insight into their operations. RTLS provides a wide range of benefits for agricultural operations, ranging from increased efficiency to improved safety.
The main advantages of RTLS for agriculture IoT applications relate to improved operational efficiency, better asset management, and improved safety.
- One major advantage of using RTLS in agriculture IoT applications is the ability to improve operational efficiency. By tracking agriculture assets in real-time, farmers can make better decisions about how to best use their resources. For example, with RTLS, farmers can track the location of their machinery and personnel, allowing them to quickly identify and respond to any problems that may arise. Furthermore, RTLS can be used to monitor the health of crops and livestock, allowing farmers to quickly identify and address any issues before they become more serious.
- Another advantage of RTLS for agriculture IoT applications is better asset management. By tracking the location and usage of assets in real-time, farmers can better manage their resource utilization. For example, RTLS can be used to monitor the usage of farm machinery, allowing farmers to identify which assets are being used most often and adjust their usage accordingly. Furthermore, with RTLS, farmers can also track the movement of their livestock, ensuring they are cared for properly and efficiently.
- Finally, RTLS can help improve safety on the farm. By tracking the location of personnel and machinery in real-time, farmers can quickly and easily identify any areas of danger and take appropriate action to avoid accidents or other safety issues. Furthermore, RTLS can be used to monitor the health of livestock, allowing farmers to quickly address any issues before they become more serious.
By leveraging the power of RTLS, farmers can gain valuable insight into their operations, allowing them to optimize their resources and ensure the safety of their personnel.
Metirionic combines 10 years of experience providing Ranging Technology that enables reliable wireless distance measurement for Real Time Location Systems (RTLS). We help the agriculture sector to develop new applications:
- Monitoring of climate conditions
- Crop management devices
- Precision farming
- Real time field monitoring and tracking assets
- Livestock management
- Cattle monitoring and management
In conclusion, real-time locating systems offer great benefits for the agriculture sector, helping to optimize the resources and improve their competitiveness.
Read more about Metirionic Engineering Services.
Download our Service Portfolio Flyer.